Caring for women throughout all stages of their lives.
At Siouxland Women’s Health Care, we treat a full spectrum of gynecologic problems, including infections, irregular bleeding, abnormal pap smears, polyps, fibroids, and cysts. Minor procedures, such as biopsies, treatment for abnormal pap smears, and IUD insertions, can be done in our office. We perform minimally invasive and major surgeries at our affiliated hospitals.
We provide a full range of gynecologic services for women from the teenage through post-menopausal years. The core of our gynecology practice is preventive or ‘Well Woman’ care. The majority of patients see us annually for a check-up, which consists of a comprehensive review and update of overall health status, a full exam, a discussion of any findings, routine lab tests, referrals for other services, and recommendations for health maintenance.
Annual check-ups play a vital role in women’s health. Visits include a comprehensive review and update of overall health status, a full exam, a discussion of any findings, routine lab tests, referrals for other services, and recommendations for health maintenance. The guidelines for Pap testing have recently changed, and, in most cases, it is not necessary to have a Pap smear every year. However, it is still important to have regular visits for preventive health care.
At Siouxland Women’s Health, we believe that women should be in control of their reproductive health. Beyond preventing pregnancy, contraception provides other benefits for patients looking to regulate their cycle, prevent side effects such as menstrual migraines or heavy flow, or assist in the treatment of women’s health conditions like endometriosis or polycystic ovarian syndrome. We offer a range of contraceptive options. Ask our doctors about a treatment plan that matches your goals.
If you are having trouble getting pregnant, you are not alone. Over 10% of couples in the United States suffer from infertility today. If your dreams of starting a family aren’t easily achieved, our caring physicians understand. We have experience addressing the many different causes of infertility.
Our treatment plan includes:
- Evaluation & Treatment
- Hormone Testing and Semen Analysis
- Hysterosalpingogram (HSG)
- Infertility medication
- Referrals as needed for IVF and advanced infertility treatment
Adolescents & Teens
Siouxland Women’s Health specializes in a teen’s first visit to the gynecologist, taking the time to guide your daughter through her first annual exam and answer any questions. Siouxland Women’s Health also offers the Gardasil® HPV Vaccination for teens to protect against the HPV virus which can result in cervical cancer and genital warts.
The qualified physicians at Siouxland Women’s Health Care offer a variety of surgeries and in-office procedures. Many are available in our office, avoiding the need for hospitalization.
- Robotic Surgery with daVinci Robot
- TLH—Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
- LSH—Laparoscopic Supracervical Hysterectomy
- TVT—Treatment for Female Stress Urinary Incontinence
- Laparoscopic Tubal Ligation—Permanent Sterilization
- Other Laparoscopic and Hysteroscopic Procedures
- Abdominal Hysterectomy
- Vaginal Hysterectomy
- Ovarian Cyst Treatment/Removal
- Urinary Incontinence Surgery
- Diagnostic Laparoscopy
- Dilation and Curettage (D&C)
- Fibroid Treatment/Removal
- Vaginal Prolapse Repair (abdominal / vaginal approaches)
- Cystocele Repair (Bladder Repair)
- Rectocele Repair (Rectal Repair)
- Enterocele Repair (Bowel hernia at the top of the vagina)
- Vaginal Vault Suspension
- Uterine Suspension
- Endometrial Ablation
- Fistula Repair
- Perineoplasty (Perineorrhaphy)
Menopause & Healthy Aging
A woman’s health care needs change throughout her life, and aging well is an important part of health and happiness. We offer gynecological services specific to menopause and healthy aging, including:
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Strategies and options for coping with menopausal symptoms
- Treatments for post-menopausal vaginal bleeding
- Evaluation of and treatment for urinary incontinence
- Osteoporosis Prevention and Treatment – Prolia Injections
- Treatment for painful intercourse and vaginal dryness
- MonaLisa Touch
Our caring staff can offer treatment plans for a variety of women’s health issues.